FREE Comprehensive Seminar for Engineers
In depth presentation on worst-case execution time and stack usage analysis using aiT/TimeWeaver and StackAnalyzer.
- aiT is a static WCET analyzer using the statically linked executable as primary input.
- TimeWeaver is an Hybrid WCET analyzer tool combining static value/path analysis techniques with non-intrusive tracing.
- StackAnalyzer is a static program analyzer giving guarantees on the worst-case stack usage for individual tasks.
Including Technical Discussion on:
- aiT WCET Analyzers: statically compute tight bounds for the worst-case execution time (WCET) of tasks in real-time systems. They directly analyze binary executables and take the intrinsic cache and pipeline behavior into account. (www.absint.com/ait/index.htm)
- TimingProfiler: helps you identify application parts that cause unsatisfactory execution times. It delivers results as soon as there is compiled code, and thus can be used very early in the development process, when measurements on physical hardware are costly or plain impossible. (www.absint.com/timingprofiler)
- StackAnalyzer: automatically determines the worst-case stack usage of the tasks in your application. It lets you find any stack overflows, or formally prove the absence thereof. (www.absint.com/stackanalyzer/index.htm)
Skills Gained from this Workshop
Aspects of Functional Safety, Static Program Analysis and Soundness by Abstract Interpretation (to accomplish safety requirements in the ISO 26262, DO-178B/C, IEC-61508, etc. safety standards)
Learning about two different levels of Timing / Stack Analysis (Code and System Level) and why it is insufficient to follow traditional, measurement based approaches (like end-to-end measurements or stack monitoring)
Deeper understanding on Timing Verification using:
– The aiT static WCET analyzer
– The TimeWeaver hybrid WCET combining static value/path analysis techniques with non-intrusive tracing.
- For multi-core architectures (like Infineon AURIX TriCore 2xx/3xx): Interference effects included in the trace information such as access delays to shared resources, are taken into account automatically
- Deeper understanding on Worst-Case Stack usage Verification using StackAnalyzer
09:30 – 10:30 Introduction to Static Program Analysis using Abstract Interpretation
10:30 – 11:00 Coffee break
11:00 – 12:00 In-depth Overview on State-of-the-art Tools Support the Validation, Verification, and Certification of Safety-critical Applications
12:00 – 13:00 Lunch break
13:00 – 14:00 Code Level Timing and Stack Usage Verification: aiT, TimeWeaver, StackAnalyzer (hands-on session) PART 1
14:00 – 14:30 Coffee break
14:30 – 15:30 Code Level Timing and Stack Usage Verification: aiT, TimeWeaver, StackAnalyzer (hands-on session) PART 2
15:30 – 15:45 Q&A and Wrap-up
Feel free to bring your own laptop and experience the aiT/TimeWeaver and StackAnalyzer yourself!
Limited to 20 Engineers. Register now: firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshop Presenter: Christian Huembert
Detroit Marriott Southfield
27033 Northwestern Highway
Southfield, Michigan 48034 USA